Wednesday, April 30, 2008
This recipe is taken from Jo's Deli....
235g all purpose flour
80g cooking oil
7g golden syrup
125g all purpose flour
1. Rub oil with flour until crumble.
2. Dissolve sugar and syrup in water and add to the above. knead dough until smooth and rest for 15 mins.
3. Divide dough into 20x23g pieces.
1. Sift flour on the table and blend in shortening. Using the plams, rub in gradually to form a soft dough.
2. Divide water dough into 20x10g pieces.
1. Wrap oil dough into water dough and pin it out into a thin rectangular sheet.
2. Roll the sheet down ino a swiss roll shape. Turn 90deg and repeat once.
3. Press dough with palm and roll out into a circular sheet.
4. place filling in the middle and pleat pastry upwards towards the centre.
5. Egg wash and bake at 190 degC for 20-25 minutes.
6. Egg wash again halfway through baking.
** Prepare chicken or char siew filling of your preference.