Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sesame Wheat Cookies









Ingredients:

200 gm. unsalted Butter
30 gm. icing sugar - sifted
a pinch of salt
1 egg
1 Tablespoon fresh milk
300 gm. Plain flour
40 gm. wholemeal flour
40 gm. white sesame seeds
40 gm. black sesame seeds

Method:

(1) Cream butter, sugar and salt till well combined. Add in milk and egg.
(2) Add in flour and mix well followed by wholemeal flour and the sesame seeds.
(3) Keep refrigerated for 2 hours.
(4) Roll dough thinly on. Use a fluted cutter to cut out cookies then use another smaller cutter to cut the center of the cookies , making it look like a ring or a donut shape.
(4) Bake at 160C for about 15 mins. or till crispy and golden brown.
(5) Cool and keep in airtight containers.

14 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Wow, this looks really crispy! Can you share this recipe?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I like sesame and wholemeal products coz they are healthy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I love sesame and wholemeal products, going to try this recipe some time.

MarIE

HomeKreation said...

Yochana, many thanks for sharing. Indeed the cookies look very delicious. Will let you know when I made one day.

Roz

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thank you for posting the recipe. I have all the ingredients at home, might just make it when I'm free in the afternoon. :D

Aunty Yochana said...

Hi Little corner of mine,

Happy Baking...I like this cookie too.

rgds

Little Corner of Mine said...

Auntie, I posted my cookies in my blog, come take a look! :)

Thanks again for sharing this recipe.

Aunty Yochana said...

Hi Little corner of mine,

Wow..I love the rectangular shape. tho it's not too sweet , it's very flaky and addictive.

rgds

Anonymous said...

Hi,

i feel like trying for this, but accidentally bought unbleached wheat flour instead of wholemeal flour. Can i use it?

Aunty Yochana said...

hi berrieam,

I think it should be o.k.... though I've not tried. Unbleached wheat flour - is it the same as organic wholemeal flour?

Rgds.

Anonymous said...

Dear Aunty,
Is it necessary to toast the sesame seeds?

Regards,
Jeng

Aunty Yochana said...

Hi Jeng,

it's up to you...optional. If you like you can lightly toast it will do.

rgds

pingmouse said...

i just tried the cookies - it's totally tasteless! I think I would have to double the sugar next time. I also used organic whole wheat flour in place of the whole meal flour. I dont know what's the difference in taste though. Taste ok on the whole, just needed more sugar.

Angie said...

Hi Aunty Yochana,
Very impressive blog with so many delicious recipes...For this recipe, may i use the donut cutter to cut out the biscuits? So is possile to use wheat flour, I have leftover, more than half pack so was thinking if i can make use of this flour for this recipe. Pls advise.

Thanks.

Angie