Sunday, June 22, 2008
Chilled Cream-O Cheesecake
Biscuit Base: Mix them together and press into an 8" springform tin. Chill it.
150 gm. Digestive Biscuits - Blended
80 gm. melted butter
Cream Cheese filling:
260 gm. Cream cheese
50 gm. Icing sugar
1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
60 ml. milk
1/4 tsp. vanilla essence
10 cream-o cookies - chopped coarsely
260 ml. whipped cream - whipped till medium peak
1 Tbsp. gelatine powder + 70 gm. water (mix together)- microwave
Some extra chopped Cream-O biscuits for sprinkling on top
(1) Beat cream cheese with icing sugar till well combined.
(2) Add in fresh milk and mix till well combined. Add in gelatine mixture and mix well.
(3) Fold in whipped cream and divide mixture into 2 portions.
(4) Fold in chopped cheam-o cookies into 1 portion and maple syrup and vanilla essence into the other portion.
(5) Pour in the white portion into the chilled biscuit base. Level the cream cheese filling and put it into the fridge to let it set.
(6) Pour the cream-o cream cheese filling onto the set white cream cheese. Level it and then sprinkle some chopped cream-o biscuits on top.
(7) Put into the fridge to let it set.
(8) Slice and serve chilled.