Friday, April 11, 2008
100 gm. Plain flour
20 gm. icing sugar
50 gm. shortening
40 gm. water + some red colouring (mix together)
80 gm. Plain flour
40 gm. shortening
Any paste of your choice : red bean paste / lotus paste
(1) Mix water dough together till smooth and then rest for 20 mins.
(2) Mix oily together and divide into 8 portions.
(3) Divide water dough into 8 portions.
(4) Wrap oily dough with the water dough. Oily dough inside and outside is the water dough.
(5) Roll out into a tongue / oval shape and roll like a swiss roll. Repear this process another time. Then let it rest for 5 mins.
(6) Roll out the dough into a round shape, wrap up with red bean paste and seal tightly. Place on the table and flatten it using your palm.
(7) Brush top with egg glaze and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
(8) Bake at 180C for about 25 mins.
Note: If you want a thinner skin, you can divide into 9 to 10 portions.