Monday, October 22, 2007
Pineapple Tart Milk Cookies
Ingredients for pastry:
450 gm. plain flour
50 gm. milk powder
350 gm. Butter
1 tsp. salt
100 gm. icing sugar
10 gm. vanilla essence
(1) Cream butter and icing sugar till creamy but not till oily.
(2) Add in vanilla essence, salt, flour and milk powder.
(3) Mix till a dough is formed. Chill in the fridge for 30 mins. If dough is still too soft to be rolled out a this point, add in a little more plain flour and knead lightly into a pliable dough.
(4) Use a pineapple tart cookie cutter to cut out the base.
(5) Place a small ball of pineapple jam on top. Pinch some dough and roll into thin strips. Place on top of jam into a criss cross style.
(6) Brush cookies with egg polish and bake at 175C for about 15 mins or till cookie turns into golden brown.
(6) Leave to cool on a wire rack and store in air-tight cookie containers.