Saturday, March 24, 2007
Flourless Milo Layered Cake
400 gm. Butter
200 gm. sugar
180 gm. Kaya
400 gm. milk powder
200 gm. milo powder
200 gm. Horlicks powder
(1) Cream butter and sugar till creamy.
(2) Add in eggs one at a time , beating well before the next addition.
(3) Add in kaya and let it mix till well combined. Then pour in milk powder and let it mix till well combined.
(4) Divide mixture into 2 portions. Add milo powder to one portion and horlicks to the other portion.
(5) Line and grease a 8" square tray.
(6) Spread 4 - 5 Tbsp. of mixture of the horlicks mixture into the tin and steam till cooked.
(7) Spread another 4 to 5 tbsp. of mixture of milo mixture on top of the cooked horlicks mixture and spread evenly. Steam till cooked. Continue process till mixture is used up.
(8) Cool cake completely before slicing.
recipe adapted from the book "Sarawak Layered Cake" by Jamie Jong