Friday, February 09, 2007
White Almond Cookies
170 gm. shortening
110 gm. icing sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
200 gm. plain flour
80 gm. cornflour
100 gm. toasted almond flakes
a little cornoil if dough is too dry
(1) Cream shortening with icing sugar till creamy.
(2) Add in plain flour, cornflour then the roasted almond flakes.
(3) Slowly pour in cornoil to form into a dough.
(4) Chill in the fridge for 30 mins. then roll into 1 cm thick, use a round cutter to cut into rounds.
(5) Bake at 170C for about 25 mins. till cooked and lightly brown.
(6) Remove and leave to cool on a wire rack before storing in cookie containers.