Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Black Forest Roll
100 gm. sugar
100 gm. cake flour
20 gm. cocoa powder
1 Tbsp. Kirsch (optional)
60 gm. cornoil
Cream for filling and creaming:
150 gm. Non-Dairy whip cream
25 gm. Neutral Mousse powder + 20 gm. water(optional
(add in the mousse powder mixture if you want the fresh cream to last longer without melting but it's optional for those living in cold countries)
80 gm. syrup from the canned dark pitted cherries
1/2 to 1 Tbsp. Kirsch
1 small can (425 gm.) of dark sweet pitted cherries
Leave some pitted or maraschico cherries for decoration
Some scrapped chocolates for sprinkling
(1) Whisk Eggs and Sugar till light and fluffy.
(2) Sieve cocoa powder and cake flour into the beaten eggs and stir lightly.
(3) Pour in cornoil and Kirsch and stir lightly.
(4) Pour into a 10" x 14" tray and bake at 200C for about 10 mins.
(5) Remove from oven and leave to cool.
(6) Mix the pitted cherries syrup with kirsch and brush on top of the swiss roll.
(7) Spread a layer of fresh cream on top of the swiss roll.
(8) Lay a row of pitted cherries at the edge of the swiss roll and roll up. Refrigerate till the swiss roll is set.
(9) Spread fresh cream on the swiss roll and sprinkle some scrapped chocolate on top and sieve some icing sugar. Decorate with cherries.
(10) Slice & Serve chilled.