Monday, July 10, 2006
Banana Walnut Cake
125 gm. Butter
250 gm. sugar
2 large eggs - beaten lightly
200 gm. Cake flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. banana essence
100 gm. Sour Cream
3/4 cup Chopped walnuts
250 gm. mashed bananas
(1) Cream butter with sugar till creamy.
(2) Add in beaten eggs and then the sour cream.
(3) Add in mashed bananas.
(4) Add in flour, baking soda and banana essence.
(5) Fold in chopped walnuts and pour into lined loaf pans or an 8" round pan.
If you want the height to be higher, use one loaf pan or you can use two
smaller loaf pans.
(6) Bake 180C for about 40 - 45 mins. or till cooked depending on the size of your
(7) Cool cake in the loaf pan for about 5 mins before turning out from the pans.