Sunday, September 07, 2008
Steamed Cheese Chocolate Cake
4 eggs - separate egg yolks and egg white
120 gm. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
250 gm. cream cheese
150 gm. whipping cream
100 gm. cake flour
30 gm. cornflour
1 tsp. vanilla essence
2 - 3 Tbsp. Chocolate emulco
(1) Beat cream cheese, salt and 1/2 of the sugar in a mixing bowl till creamy then add in eggs one by one , followed by whipping cream.
(2) Fold in flour and corn flour and mix evenly. Add in vanilla essence.
Whisk egg white with the balance half of the sugar until fluffy. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
(3) Take out 1/4 of the mixture and add in chocolate emulco. Stir till evenly mixed. Put batter into a piping bag.
(4) Divide Plain mixture into 3 parts. Pour 1 part of the plain batter into a square tray 7" x 7" (lined with paper) and pipe some chocolate mixture on top. Steam for 10 mins. Repeat process till finished.
(5) Cool cake on a cooling rack.