This is a twist to the normal blackforest. This is a cross between a black forest and a blueberry cake.
(You cake use any chocolate sponge cake. I have the very easy non-failure chocolate optima sponge cake recipe in my blog but nevertheless, here's another sponge cake recipe:
Sift the flour together:
125 gm. cake flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
75 gm. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
80 gm. egg yolks (About 4 eggs)
50 gm. cornoil
50 gm. fresh milk
35 gm. cocoa powder + 70 gm. hot water
160 gm. egg white
80 gm. sugar
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
300 gm. whipped cream - whipped
1 tin or dark pitted cherries - drained
200 gm. Blueberry pie filling
200 gm. grated / scraped chocolate - for sides
(1) Combine (B) ingredients together till smooth, add in sifted flour mixture and blend till smooth.
(2) Whisk egg white with sugar and cream of tartar till stiff.
(3) Fold in (1) and (2) then pour into a 9" round tin and bake at 180C for about 35 to 45 mins. or till cooked.
(4) Leave to cool completely then slice into 3 layers of cake.
(5) Spread soem whipped fresh cream on the 1st layer of sponge cake, then spread some blueberry pie filling on top and place some pitted cherries on top. Place the second layer of cake on top and repeat the same process till the 3rd layer cake is on top.
(6) Cream the whole cake with fresh cream.
(7) Spread scraped chocolate for the side and top. Decorate to your desire.
(8) Chill the cake before serving.
Note: this sponge cake is a little harder to make. I will advise new bakers to use the chocolate optima sponge cake recipe.