Before baking - mould and pat into an oblong shape.
After Baking, cool it and then slice to 1/4" thick.
Arrange onto tray and bake again.
Wah la....Pistachio & Apricot Blossom.
330 gm. Plain flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
125 gm. unsalted butter
1 cup lightly toasted pistachio nuts - chopped
150 gm. sugar
zest of 1 orange
1 1/2 teaspoons orange juice
1 tsp. Orange blossom water (optional)
1/2 cup dried apricots - cut into 1/4" dice
1 egg -lightly beaten for eggwash.
(1) In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
(2) Stir sugar and unsalted butter in a mixing bowl till creamy. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix into a soft dough. Chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
(3) Place dough onto a baking tray and shape into an oval shape (can make 2 if your oven is small).
(4) Glaze with egg wash and then bake at 180C for about 20 mins. Let the baked dough rest till you can slice.
(5) Slice into thickness of 1" slice and then arrange onto tray and return to the oven to bake again, approximately 10 mnins. on each side, making a total of about 20 mins. or bake until crispy.
(6) Serve with a cup of tea. Cool and store in the containers.