No yeast added into the very soft dough....
2 cups Bread flour
1 3/4 cups Plain flour
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup Buttermilk
3 Tbsp. melted Butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
For coating: Some fine sugar mixed with a little cinnamon powder
(1) Beat the sugar and eggs until smooth.
(2) Beat in the baking soda, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
(3) Add in flours, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg. Stir till well combined.
Mixture will be lumpy and sticky at this stage. Refrigerate overnight.
(4) Next day, remove the dough from the refrigerator. Place the dough onto a well floured surface, the dough will be sticky, dust with flour. Roll into a large circle about 1/4 inch thick. Cut the doughnuts with a doughnut cutter.
(5) Deep-dry doughnuts till golden in colour and then drain it on an abosorbent kitchen towel.
(6) When cooled, put sugar and cinnamon mixture into a paper bag, add a couple of doughnuts into the plastic and shake till evenly coated. Continue till all the doughnuts are coated.