HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY....for those lovely daughters who wish to make this lovely dessert for their mummy dearest.
Mix Fruit Chiffon Cake
Ingredients for sponge cake:
1/2 tsp. ovalette
130 gm. Chocolate optima sponge mix
35 gm. water
35 gm. cornoil
40 gm. instant custard
60 gm. water
250 gm. durian puree
10 gm. gelatine powder + 50 gm. water (soak)
150 gm. Dairy whipped cream (Elle Vire brand)
1/2 tsp. durian paste (optional)
150 gm. semi-sweet dark chocolate
110 gm. heavy cream (Elle Vire brand)
30 gm. light corn syrup (Karo brand)
(1) For sponge, mix all the ingredients together except cornoil and whisk till thick.
(2) Fold in cornoil and mix till well combined.
(3) Pour into a square tray (12" x 12") and bake for about 15 mins. at 180C.
(4) Remove cake from oven and leave it to cool. Then use a round cutter to cut one piece smaller than the other (you need 2 pieces to make 1 cake). Size depends on the silicon mould that you used. I used a 6 hole-in-one silicon mould (half-spheres).
(5) For mousse: Soak gelatine powder with water till it blooms then microwave for 20 secs.
(6) Mix instant custard with water and stir till smooth. Add in melted gelatine and stir till well mixed.
(7) Fold in durian puree and then fold in whipped cream.
(8) Spoon some durian mousse into the mould, place a piece of sponge cake on top , spoon in some durian mousse again and then cover with the bigger piece that fits exactly the base of the hole. Continue till finished and then place in the refrigerator to chill till set.
(9) Boil heavy cream till slightly boil at the edge, then pour hot milk over the chopped chocolate. Stir till smooth, then add in corn syrup.
(10) When the durian mousse is set, unmould the cake from the silicon mould, then pour chocolate glaze over it.
(11) Chill in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
**This recipe is created by auntyyochana.