Saturday, March 03, 2007
White Chocolate-Menthe Cheesecake
180 gm. Oreo cookies
60 gm. melted butter
550 gm. Cream cheese
100 gm. sugar
2 Tbsp. sifted cornflour
2 tsp. peppermint essence
1/2 Tbsp. Peppermint liquer (optional)
150 gm. melted white chocolate
100 gm. dairy whipped cream
90 ml. fresh milk
150 gm. beaten eggs
100 gm. Andes Chocolate-mint Candy - chop coarsely
200 gm. dark chocolate - chopped
1 Tbsp. Gelatine powder + 2 Tbsp. water
80 ml. Dairy Whipping cream
50 gm. sugar
(1) Blend oreo biscuits till fine and mix with melted butter. Press biscuit mixture into a 7 inch square loose-bottom pan. Set in refrigerator.
(2) Cheese filling: Cream cream cheese and sugar at medium speed till creamy.
(3) Add in sifted cornflour, peppermint essence, peppermint liquer and melted white chocolate. Mix till smooth.
(4) Add in eggs, a little at a time , mixing until just combined. Gradually add in whipping cream and milk and mix well. Fold in chopped andes chocolate-mint candies.
(5) Pour filling into biscuit crust and water bath for 1 hour 15 mins. or until firm to the touch and light golden colour on top. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake int he oven for 30 mins.
(6) After 30 mins, open the oven door and Leave cheesecake to cool in the oven completely.
(7) Remove from oven and chill cheesecake in the refrigerator.
(8) For the topping: heat cream and sugar until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in chopped chocolate and stir till smooth.
(9) Gradually blend in gelatine mixture. Cool until slightly warm before pouring on top of chilled cheesecake.
(10) Decorate as desired and serve chilled.
Recipe adapted from the book "Crave" by MacWoo and June Lee.