Saturday, January 06, 2007
Chocolate chip muffins
280 gm. Self raising flour
1 no. large egg
1/2 tsp. salt
180 gm. butter
100 gm. milk or buttermilk
1 tsp. Vanilla Essence
120 gm. chopped dark chocolate
(1) Sift self-raising flour into a mixing bowl.
(2) Add in butter and rub with fingertips till it resembles breadcrumbs.
(3) Add in sugar , salt and mix well.
(3) Mix wet ingredients together: egg, milk, vanilla essence and add into dry ingredients. Stir lightly. Do not overmix.
(4) Add in chopped dark chocolate and stir lightly and scoop batter into paper cups - 3/4 full and bake at 200C for about 20 mins. till golden or till skewer inserted comes out clean.
(5) Remove from oven and cooled....before serving.