Friday, December 01, 2006
Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake
180 gm. chocolate - chopped finely
230 gm. cream cheese
100 gm. castor sugar
60 ml. rum
100 gm. cake crumbs
50 gm. glace cherries
50 gm. raisins
75 gm. chopped walnuts
some melted chocolate for coating
Some coloured chocolate rice or 1001 - for decorations
(1) Melt chocolate over a pot of simmering water.
(2) Add in cream cheese and stir till well combined.
(3) Add in castor sugar and stir till smooth.
(4) Add in Rum.
(5) Add in cake crumbs, raisins, walnuts and glace cherries. Mix well.
(6) If the mixture is too soft to handle, chill it first then mould into small log shape.
(7) Coat the shaped log with melted chocolate and then sprinkle coloured chocolate rice on top.
(8) Chill then cut into pieces.