Thursday, October 26, 2006
Lemon Cheese Bun
Ingredients for dough:
300 gm. Bread flour
70 gm. cake flour or plain flour
10 gm. instant yeast
1/4 tsp. salt
60 gm. caster sugar
125 ml. milk
125 ml. water
30 gm. parmesan cheese powder
1 tsp. Bread improver
50 gm. Margarine
Filling: Mix all together:
100 gm. Instant custard powder
200 gm. cold milk
100 gm. Lemon topping Jam
(1) Mix all the ingredients together into a big mixer except margarine and beat till it becomes a dough , about 10 mins.
(2) Add in margarine and continue beating for another 5 mins. till elastic and smooth.
(3) Remove dough from mixer and roll into a round ball. Rest for 45 mins.
(4) After 45 mins, weigh and scale into 60 gm. round balls and let it rest for another 10 mins.
(5) Roll out the round balls, scoop in one Tablespoon of lemon filling and seal tightly at the base.
(6) Arrange buns onto a baking tray and let it rest for about 40 mins or doubled in size.
(7) Glaze buns with beaten egg and pipe some lemon filling on top.
(8) Bake buns at 190c for about 10 mins. or till golden brown.
(9) Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.