This is a quick method for making gelato...no ice-cream maker involved.
3 egg yolks
100 gm. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla essence
250 ml. coconut milk (can use thick fresh coconut milk) - If you have Coco Lopez, it's even better
250 gm. Non dairy whipping cream
(1) Whisk egg yolks and sugar till white and creamy.
(2) Double boil the egg yolk mixture and stir constantly. Pour in coconut milk and continue stirring until coconut is hot but not boiling.
(3) Remove coconut milk mixture from heaat and set aside to cool.
(4) Whisk non dairy whipping cream till fluffy and fold in the cooled coconut milk.
(5) Pour into container and freeze overnight or until firm.
Note: Can add in some cream style cream corn.