Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Chocolate Rice Kueh Bolu
This recipe is adapted from Anna Phua's book. Added a twist to it.
320 gm. Beaten eggs
330 gm. sugar
225 gm. Plain
1/2 tsp. Vanilla essence
some chocolate rice
(1) Dry-fry flour over low heat till light. Leave to cool.
(2) Brush a copper mould with oil and heat in a preheated oven at 180C till hot.
(2) Beat eggs and sugar till thick and fluffy and then add in vanilla essence and mix till well mixed.
(3) Mix 35 gm of fried flour with 110 gm. of egg mixture. Sprinkle some chocolate rice over the batter and lightly spoon mixture into kueh bolu mould. Repeat till mixture finishes.
(4) Unmould kueh bolu and let it cool. Store in an airtight container.