Sunday, July 30, 2006
4 eggs - separated
100 gm. castor sugar - divided into 2 parts
100 gm. plain flour
icing sugar for dusting
Method for sponge fingers:
(1) Whip egg yolks with half of the sugar until thick.
(2) In another mixing bowl, whisk egg white with the remaining sugar into a stiff meringue. Fold flour into the egg yolks.
(3) Pipe out the sponge fingers onto trays and dust with icing sugar.
(4) Bake at 190C for about 10 mins.
250 gm. Chocolate optima sponge mix
1 tsp. ovalette
70 ml. water
70 ml. cornoil
Method for chocolate sponge:
(1) Beat all the above ingredients together until thick except cornoil.
(2) Fold in cornoil and pour into a 9" sq. tray.
(3) Bake at 180C for about 40 mins or till cooked.
250 gm. mascarpone cheese
500 gm. Durian Puree (warm up over stove)
300 gm. Non-dairy Whip cream
4 sheets of gelatine (soak in icy cold water for 5 mins.)
(1) Cook durian puree over stove until warm.
(2) Double boil the gelatine and pour into durian puree. Leave to cool.
(3) Mix mascarpone cheese with the durian puree and fold in the whipped cream.
80 gm. fresh cream
80 gm. chopped chocolate
Method of assembling:
(1) Lay sponge fingers at the side of a 9" square cake ring.
(2) Place a layer of chocolate sponge cake at the base. For better flavour, brush with some chocolate liquer and water mixture (optional).
(3) Pour 1/3 of durian mousse on top of sponge cake.
(4) Lay a layer of sponge finger on top and then pour another 1/3 of durian mousse on top and then lay another layer of sponge fingers.
(5) Pour all the balance durian mousse on top and put into the fridge to chill till set.
(6) Pour chocolate topping on top and let it set in the fridge.
(7) Serve chilled.