Monday, December 15, 2008
Ah Mei's Banana Cake
200 gm. Butter - room temperature
265 gm. sugar (original recipe was 315 gm.)
1/8 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups mashed overripe banana
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
a drop of banana essence
225 gm. (1 1/2 cups) Self-raising flour
1/2 tsp. Bicarbonate of soda
(1) Cream butter , salt and sugar in a mixer till creamy.
(2) Add in eggs one at a time and mix till binded.
(3) Add in mashed bananas, vanilla extract and banana essence.
(4) Fold in flour and bicarbonate of soda and mix till well combined.
(5) Pour into an 8" round tin and bake at 175C for 45 mins. or till cooked.
(6) Set aside in the pan for 5 to 10 mins. to cool slightly before transferring the cake onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
(7) Slice and enjoy...