Monday, May 28, 2007
Mexican Cinnamon Cigar Puffs
Ingredients for choux paste:
250 ml. water
100 gm. butter
1/4 tsp. salt
190 gm. Plain flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs - beaten
Cinnamon sugar: mix together
80 gm. castor sugar
1/2 to 1 tsp. cinnamon powder - up to individual taste
(1) Boil water , salt and butter in a saucepan.
(2) When water boils, pour in all the flour and baking powder into the boiling mixture and stir till it becomes a dough. Set aside to cool slightly.
(3) Beat in eggs and place choux paste into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
(4) Pipe out about 2 1/2 inches long and deep fry till golden brown.
(5) Drain and coat it with cinnamon sugar.