Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Suzy's Cake

As Pierre Herme said: the top may crack a bit and the cake may not look entirely set in the centre, when you test the cake by inserting a slender knife into the center , the knife will come out lightly streaked with batter, which is what you want. I inserted the knife right through the cake, causing a cut at the top. I should say this cake is moist and very chocolatey..I love it. Supposed to eat it chilled but I prefer to eat it warm cos' the center is moist like lava and I love it this way.. Best eaten with a scoop of ice-cream.



6 comments:

Cranberry said...

Lucy, I am salivating here ... cannot tahan liao... the way u described it..hungry hungry yo..

Aunty Yochana said...

cranberry,

Now I feel so full after walloping a huge slice of it.

rgds

Anonymous said...

Hi Lucy
Hey, you baked Suzy's Cake and it looks real yummy and shiok. Ok, I will go and buy that block of 100% cacao chocolate that I've been eyeing and make this. And since Suzy's Cake was invented for Pierre Herme's supermodel friend, Suzy, does this mean we won't get fat after eating it? Haha, ;-)

Tatiana

Aunty Yochana said...

You bet Titiana!! I must warn you that this cake is really addictive. Once you eat it, you can't stop it if you're a chocolate lover like me...

rgds

Unknown said...

hi aunty lucy ..this suzy's cake looks really yummy n moist. Did u used the Valrhona Guanaja chocolate to bake this? Can i used the normal cooking chocolate instead of the bittersweet cho.How will it differ?

thanks

Aunty Yochana said...

hi sue,

of course you can use other type of chocolate. No problem. It should taste equally good. Yes I used Varlhorna...1 Kg cost S$30. It's too costly...

rgds