Friday, March 16, 2007
Orange Cotton Cheesecake
250 gm. cream cheese
220 ml. fresh milk
100 gm. butter
1/2 tsp. orange essence
70 gm. cake flour
20 gm. cornflour
70 gm. sugar
6 egg yolks
1 orange - grated rind and squeezed juice
6 egg white
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
60 gm. sugar
(1) Put cream cheese, sugar and fresh milk and double-boil till sugar is melted and the cream cheese dissolved.
(2) Stir in butter and mix evenly. Set aside to cool.
(3) Sift the flour and cornflour into a mixing bowl, stir in sugar and mix evenly.
(4) Add egg yolks into the cream cheese mixture and stir till well combined. Add in orange zest and juice.
(5) Fold in sifted flour into the cream cheese mixture and stir till smooth.
(6) Whisk egg white with cream of tartar till frothy then gradually pour in sugar and whisk till soft peak.
(7) Fold egg white into the cream cheese mixture.
(8) Pour into a 10" Square tin and steam-bake at 160C for about 75 mins. till golden brown on the surface.
(9) Leave cheesecake to cool in the oven. Remove cake from the oven and invert the cake onto a wire rack.
(10) Cut into pieces and serve.