Saturday, February 17, 2007

Prosperous Salmon Yu Sheng

It's a must for our family to have Yu Sheng during our reunion dinner. It was worth the journey to "Kwong Cheong Thye" every year to buy the ready-pack yu sheng. All we have to do is to buy some cucumbers and carrot then shred it finely, slice the fresh salmon thinly and lay on top and wa la...pure pleasure of a wonderful platter.

**I forgot my cucumber this year and thanks to my sister and daughter who rushed off to our nearby Begonia mamak shop to buy the fresh cucumbers and carrot.

8 comments:

Biow said...

where is "Kwong Cheong Thye"?

Happy New Year to you.

Aunty Yochana said...

Hi biow

Kwong Cheong Thye
63 Lorong 27
Geylang off sims avenue

Happy New Year to you

Anonymous said...

Aunt Yochana it would be delightful if you could post a picture of you and your family during chinese new year. I am from Dubai and I would love to see pics!! thank you

Anonymous said...

Hi Lucy,

Can I know after shredding the carrot and cucumber...do you soak them in ice water?

Diana (wink)

Aunty Yochana said...

Hi Diana,

I did not soak the shredded cucumber and carrot cos I had no time but soaking them in cold water is good just before serving to give a crunchy feeling when you bite into it.

Happy New Year.

rgds

Sophia said...

Aunty Yochana,

Can you share how to do this from scratch? We can't get ready made Yu Sheng.

Thank you.

Dizzy

Aunty Yochana said...

Hi Dizzy,

I bought the premix from Kwong Cheong Thye and everything is there. The only I did was to shred the cucumber and carrot thinly and lay onto the plate. Then I will unpack the condiments that I bought from Kwong Cheong Thye and pour it on top of the shredded cucumber and carrot.

rgds

Anonymous said...

It's not cucumber ...but red carrot and white radish.