Saturday, February 17, 2007
Crispy Peanut Puff
150 gm. Plain flour
35 gm. rice flour
60 gm. margarine or butter (olden days uses lard)
3 Tbsp. cold water
1/2 beaten egg
120 gm. roasted peanuts - skinned and chopped
3 Tbsp. roasted sesame seeds - pounded
60 gm. Castor sugar
3 Tbsp. oil (any type of your preference)
6 cups of oil for deep-frying
(1) For pastry, rub magarine into flour mixture till it becomes breadcrumbs.
(2) Add water , beaten egg and knead lightly into a pliable dough. Rest for 15 mins.
(3) For fillings, mix all the ingredients together.
(4) Roll patry into thin round sheet and wrap up filling and pinch edges neatly.
(5) Heat up oil for deep-frying peanut puffs. Use medium heat till golden brown.
(6) Dish and drain onto absorbent paper and let it cool before storing into containers.