Friday, December 01, 2006
300 gm. Bread Flour
50 gm. Hong Kong lour / cake flour or plain flour
10 gm. Instant Yeast
1/8 tsp. salt
60 gm. castor sugar
120 gm. fresh milk
110 gm. water
1 tsp. bread improver
50 gm. margarine or butter
130 gm. butter
100 gm. sugar
130 gm. milk powder
50 gm. raisins
(1) Mix all the ingredients into a mixer bowl except margarine and beat for 10 mins.
(2) Add in margarine and continue beating for another 5 mins. Beat until it forms into an elastic and smooth dough.
(3) Remove dough from mixer, make into a round ball and let it rest for 45 mins.
(4) Punch down dough, weigh and scale into 50 gm. dough and let it rest for another 10 mins.
(4) Roll dough and wrap up with filling. Then roll out into a rectangle. Fold in half and make a few slits on the dough. Twist the dough and place into an aluminium foil cup. Place onto baking tray and let it rest for another 30 mins.
(5) Brush with beaten egg and bake at 200C for about 10 mins.
(6) Remove from oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
**This recipe is adapted from the book "BUN LOVERS"