These "french doughnuts" are also called "Binet"
180 gm. water
180 gm. milk
100 gm. butter
1/2 tsp. salt
240 gm. plain flour
60 gm. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla essence
4 nos. eggs
For dusting: 100 gm. very fine sugar + 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
(1) Boil milk, water, butter and salt together till simmering boil.
(2) Pour in all the flour, take the pan off the heat and stir vigorously till it combines into a dough.
(3) Return dough onto stove and stir till dough leaves the side of the pan.
(4) Pour into a mixing bowl and let it cool till warm till break in the eggs and beat till smooth, adding eggs one at at time.
(5) Add in vanilla essence and put dough into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
(6) Brush some greaseproof paper with shortening and then pipe the dough onto the paper.
(7) Heat oil in a wok and deep-fry doughnuts till golden brown. Take it out and leave it on top of some kitchen towels.
(8) Coat doughnuts with cinnamon sugar