Thursday, November 23, 2006
Ingredients for tart dough:
200 gm. Plain flour
40 gm. icing sugar
1 small egg
100 gm. chilled Butter
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Essence
180 gm. Fresh grated coconut
75 gm. melted Butter
95 gm. castor sugar
5 Tbsp. Evaporated milk
a few drops of egg yolk colouring (optional)
(1) Rub chilled butter into plain flour till it resembles bread crumbs.
(2) Add in icing sugar and mix thoroughly.
(3) Pour in beaten egg and vanilla essence and mix slowly till it becomes a pliable dough. Leave in the fridge for 20 mins.
(4) Pinch some dough and press into small tart moulds.
(5) For fillings: Mix all the fillings ingredients together and fill into the prepared tart moulds.
(6) Bake tarts at the bottom shelf of the oven at 180C for about 25 mins. or till tart shell is golden brown.