This recipe is adapted from Phoon Huat's demo class.
Ingredients for Water Dough:
150 gm. Plain flour
10 gm. Icing sugar
60 gm. shortening
60 ml. Water
95 gm. Plain flour
50 gm. shortening
(1) Water dough: Mix plain flour, icing sugar, shortening and water into a dough and let it rest for 15 mins. Divide into 8 pcs.
(2) Oily dough: Mix the plain flour and shortening into a paste and divide into 8 pcs.
(3) Flatten water dough and wrap with oily dough. Roll into a long shape and roll up like a swiss roll.
(4) Flatten again into long shape and do a 3-fold method.
(5) Roll into a round shape and wrap up with the prepared fillings.
(6) Bake at 180C for about 20 to 25 mins.
320 gm. Green Tea or Pandan lotus paste
60 gm. Melon seeds - roasted
Chicken lotus paste filling:
130 gm. lotus paste
25 gm. chicken floss
25 gm. sesame seeds
25 gm. Almond nibs (roasted)
(1) Mix the lotus paste and melon seeds and divide into 45 gm. each.
(2) Flatten slightly and wrap with 25 gm. of chicken floss lotus filling.
(3) Roll into round balls and ready to use.