This is for Jo and Edith...who loves eating lemons. You should see their faces when they were eating this tart.
300 gm. digestive biscits - blend
20 gm. cocoa powder (this is very subjective as cocoa powder has many qualities, if you find that the colour is not to your liking, add a little more)
150 gm. melted butter
Ingredients for fillings:
250 gm. cream cheese
100 gm. sugar
1 Tbsp. Plain flour
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 Lemon zest - grated
80 gm. Yoghurt
2 egg yolks
120 gm. sugar
80 gm. lemon juice
1 lemon zest - grated
1 Tbsp. Butter
1 Tbsp. Limocino liquer (optional)
(1) Mix all the biscuit base together and press into tart moulds. Put in the refrigerator to let it set. (Please use loose bottom tart moulds - removal base - for easy removal).
(2) For filling, beat cream cheese and sugar till creamy.
(3) Add in flour and egg and beat till creamy.
(4) Then put in lemon juice, lemon zest and yoghurt and mix till evenly combined.
(5) Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared tart mould.
(6) Bake in oven at 175C for about 20 minutes or until set. Set aside to cool.
For lemon curd:
(1) Mix all the ingredients together and then cook over a pot of simmering water (double-boiler) until it thickens and flowy. Do not overcook otherwise you can't pour on top of the set cheese tart.
(2) Pour on top of set cheese tart and serve chilled.
*This recipe is adapted from Alex Goh's book - Fantastic Cheesecake