Saturday, September 09, 2006
23 egg yolks
3 egg white
450 gm. Butter
3 Tbsp. Condensed Milk
290 gm. castor sugar
190 gm. cake flour
100 gm. crystalised pineapples - chopped and soak for 30 mins
1 Tbsp. Ovalette
1 tsp. Pineapple essence
a little pink and yellow colouring
(1) Cream butter and condensed milk till light and fluffy.
(2) Put all the eggs, sugar, ovalette and flour together and beat till thick and fluffy.
(3) Add in pineapple essence into egg mixture.
(4) Fold egg mixture into butter mixture and mix till well mixed.
(5) Preheat a greased and lined 10" x 7" tray.
(6) Bake the batter layer by layer, start with 2 layers of yellow, then sprinkle chopped pineapples, then another 2 layers of pink clour. Altogether there are 12 layers. Grill till batter finish.
(7) For the last layer, bake half cooked then turn to normal oven temperature of 175C and continue baking for another 15 mins. to make sure that the cake is cook.