Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Durian Swiss Roll
Ingredients for swiss roll:
80 gm. castor sugar
90 gm. cake flour
60 gm. melted butter or cornoil
5 gm. green tea powder (optional)
a drop of green colouring
120 gm. whipped fresh cream
100 gm. fresh durian (you can add in more if you like more duriany taste)
1/4 tsp. durian paste
1 1/2 tsp. gelatine powder + 40 gm. water (soak and let it bloom for 5 mins.)
(1) For swiss roll: Whisk eggs and sugar till fluffy.
(2) Sieve and green tea powder into the egg mixture and fold it gently with the melted butter. Add a drop of green colouring.
(3) Pour batter into a rectangular tray (10" x 14") and bake at 200C for about 10 mins.
(4) Take out from tin and leave to cool onto a wire rack.
(5) Microwave the gelatine mixture for 20 seconds.
(6) Add in the durian puree into the warm gelatine mixture and mix till well mixed.
(7) Fold in whipped cream and mix gently till evenly mixed.
(8) Spread cream onto swiss roll cake and then roll it up into a swiss roll.
(9) Chill in refrigerator before slicing.