Saturday, August 12, 2006
Orange Macan Roll
120 gm. melted butter
8 nos. egg yolks
4 nos. egg white
80 gm. fine sugar
75 gm. plain flour
30 gm. milk powder
1 tsp. Ovalette
1/2 tsp. chocolate emulco
1/2 tsp. coffee oil
1/2 tsp. orange emulco
A drop of orange colouring (optional)
Some Butter cream or Jam for spreading
(1) Beat egg yolks, egg white, sugar, flour, ovalette and milk powder together until thick and fluffy.
(2) Pour in melted butter and mix till thorouly mixed.
(3) Scoop out 2 ladle spoonful of batter into a bowl. Add in chocolate paste and coffe oil and stir till well mixed. Place into a piping bag.
(4) Add in orange emulco and orange colouring into the balance batter and divide into 2 portions. Pour into 2 - 10" x 10" square trays.
(5) Pipe patterns onto the orange batter, write the letter "C" on top.
(6) Bake at 190C for about 12 mins.
(7) Leave it to cool.
(8) Spread Butter cream or jam on top and roll tightly. Leave it in the fridge to set and then slice.