Monday, June 15, 2009
Open-Top Wholemeal Bread
160 gm. Wholemeal Flour
350 gm. Bread flour
45 gm. sugar
10 gm. salt
10 gm. instant yeast
320 gm. water
40 gm. shortening
(1) Combine all the ingredients except salt and shortening into a mixing bowl. Beat till it forms a dough.
(2) Add in salt and shortening and continue beating till a smooth and elastic dough is formed.
(3) Place dough in a warm place, covered and leave to rise for about 45 mins.
(4) Roll dough into a ball and rest for 10 mins.
(5) Roll dough into a rectangle shape, then roll into a swiss roll shape and place into a loaf pan (10" length, width 5", height 4 1/2").
(6) Leave to rise for another 45 mins.
(7) Bake at 200C for about 35 mins. Remove bread immediately from pan and leave to cool on a wire rack before slicing.