Friday, March 13, 2009
Cranberry Orange Bread
285 gm. Plain flour
200 gm. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup Orange Juice
1 Large egg - at room temperature
1 Tbsp. grated Orange Zest
30 gm. Unsalted butter - melted
1 cup whole cranberries - coarsely chopped
(1) Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together. Set aside.
(2) In a large box, mix the egg, orange juice, zest and melted butter.
(3) Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Add in the chopped cranberries and leave some for sprinkling on top.
(4) Pour batter into a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
(5) Sprinkle cranberries and 1 Tablespoon sugar on top.
(6) Bake for 1 hour at 175C or until a cake tester inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
(7) Cool on wire rack before serving.
Variations: Instead of cranberries, you can use raisins or nuts instead.