Friday, November 14, 2008
Raspberry Panna Cotta
350 gm. UHT Whipping Cream
50 gm. Sugar'
1/2 Vanilla Bean (slit sideway and scrap the seeds)
1 1/2 Gelatine leaves soak in ice water
90 gm. Raspberry Puree
35 gm. sugar
1 gelatine leaf (soak in ice water)
(1) Place the cream and sugar into a pot and bring it to a gentle boil.
(2) Stir in the vanilla seeds. Off the heat and let it infuse for at least 10 mins.
(3) Throw in the soaked gelatine leaves (2 pieces) and stir till gelatine sheets melt.
(4) Pour into glasses and chill in the fridge till it sets.
(5) For Raspberry sauce, boil raspberry puree and sugar till gentle boil.
(6) Add in soaked gelatine leaf and stir till gelatine leaf melts.
(7) Spoon onto the chilled panna cotta and return to the fridge to chill again before serving.
(8) Garnish with raspberries if desired.