Friday, November 07, 2008
Cocoa Banana Muffins
(recipe yields 16 standard muffins)
200 gm. cake flour
50 gm. cocoa powder
1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 mdium bananas - mashed
125 gm. sour cream
180 gm. unsalted butter
160 gm. sugar
40 gm. light brown sugar
(1) Sift cake flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together.
(2) Cream butter and sugar & light brown sugar till creamy.
(3) Add in eggs into the creaming butter one by one , mixing well before the next addition. Add in mashed bananas.
(4) Add in flour and sour cream and mix till just combined.
(5) Spoon into muffin pan lined with paper cups.
(6) Bake the muffins at 175C for about 25 mins. until they are well risen and feel firm to the touch.
(7) Cool muffins on a cooling rack.