Monday, October 13, 2008
Garlic Shallot Cookies
160 gm. Butter
90 gm. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
3 cloves garlic - pounded
2 tsp. dried chillie flakes
50 gm. fried shallots - crushed
75 gm. grated cheese
200 gm. plain flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 egg - for glazing
(1) Cream butter and sugar till creamy. Add in salt and pounded garlic and blend till well mixed.
(2) Add in egg and the rest of the ingredients. Chill in the fridge for 20 mins. before rolling into round balls.
(3) Use a fork to press the top to get some patterns on it.
(4) Bake at 140C for about 25 to 30 mins or till crispy.
(5) Store in cookie containers.