Friday, September 26, 2008
150 gm. Plain flour
60 gm. sugar
150 gm. butter
120 ground almonds
6 to 7 apples - diced small
120 gm. unsalted butter
80 gm. raisin
1 tsp. cinnamon powder
30 gm. sugar
1/2 Tbsp. cornflour - for thickening
1 lemon rind - grated or chopped
(1) For Pastry: Mix flour, sugar and butter in a mixing bowl till well combined. Add in egg and ground almonds and bind into a dough. Rest for 20 mins in the fridge.
(2) For fillings: Place butter into a small pot, when butter melts, add in all the ingredients except cornflour. When the fillings is almost done, put in the cornflour and stir till it thickens. Leave aside to cool.
(3) Press dougn into tart moulds. Leave some dough in the fridge for topping.
(4) Fill tart with fillings, then grated the chilled dough on top of fillings.
(5) Bake at 190C for about 25 to 30 mins. or till it is cooked. Remove tart from mould. Can serve warm or cold.