Thursday, February 21, 2008
130 gm. unsalted Butter
1/4 tsp. salt (cut down to 1/8 tsp. if using salted butter)
100 gm. brown sugar
1 egg yolk
grated rind of 1 lemon
130 gm. plain flour
1/4 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
1/8 tsp. baking powder
50 gm. rolled oats
70 gm. raisins
40 gm. orange peel
40 gm. crushed cornflakes
60 gm. cashew nuts - chopped and toasted
20 gm. candied ginger - chopped
3 tsp. sesame seeds or flax seeds
(1) Cream butter , salt and sugar till creamy.
(2) Add in egg yolk and continue to cream before adding in lemond rind.
(3) Fold in sifted flour, baking soda and baking powder.
(4) Fold in granola mixture until well combined.
(5) Using a small cookie scoop, scoop onto tray and bake at 170C for about 20 mins. or until light brown.
(6) Remove from oven and leave cookies to cool before storing in airtight containers.
Note: You may replace candied ginger with green / red chopped cherries.