Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Steamed Cheddar Cheese Chicken Cake
100 gm. sugar
3 Tbsp. milk
1/4 tsp. salt
200 gm. Cake flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine (can use cooking oil)
200 gm. diced chicken meat
1 Big onion - cut into cubes
2 chopped garlic
some chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. nutmeg powder
120 gm. grated cheddar cheese
(1) Fry the diced onions with butter till soft, then add in garlic and continue frying till aromatic.
(2) Add in chicken cubes, pepper and nutmeg powder.
(3) Stir in grated cheddar cheese and coriander leaves. Off the heat and leave it to cool completely.
(4) Whisk eggs and sugar till fluffy and thick.
(5) Add in salt, fresh milk and flour + baking powder and mix lightly lightly.
(6) Divide batter into two portions.
(7) Steam one portion for about 15 mins. making sure it's thoroughly cooked.
(8) Sprinkle all the fillings on top and then pour the balance of the batter on top and continue steaming for another 30 mins.
(9) Leave to cool on a cooling rack until completely cooled before serving.