Wednesday, January 09, 2008
250 gm. Butter
150 gm. icing sugar
1 tsp. vanilla essence
pinch of salt
2 whole eggs
1 egg yolk
250 gm. Plain flour
100 gm. Cooking chocolate
6 Tbsp. evaporated milk or whipping cream
100 gm. soft nougat (optional)
(1) Cream butter and icing till creamy, add in vanilla essence, salt and mix till combined.
(2) Add in eggs one at a time till combined before the next addition.
(3) Fold in flour and mix into a soft dough.
(4) Put soft dough in a piping bag with a plain nozzle. Pipe into small rounds onto a baking tray.
(5) Bake at 160C till golden , about 12 mins. Allow to cool before sandwiching with fillings.
(6) Mix all the filling ingredients together and melt over a pot of simmering hot water or microwave it till melted. This can be made in advance to allow the fillings to set a while in the fridge.
(7) Sandwich cookies together with the fillings.
(8) Pipe lines on top of the cookies with melted chocolate.