Sunday, August 26, 2007
Sesame and Walnuts Cupcakes
250 gm. butter
150 gm. fine sugar
250 gm. self-raising flour, shifted with:
10 gm. baking powder
120 gm. UHT milk
25 gm. white sesame seeds - toasted
25 gm. black sesame seeds - toasted
50 gm. chopped walnuts
20 gm. sesame oil (optional)
Some walnuts for decorations
(1) Cream butter and sugar till creamy.
(2) Add in eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition. Use medium speed.
(3) Add in milk and flour alternately till well combined.
(4) Add in black and white sesame seeds and then pour in the sesame oil. Mix well.
(5) Spoon batter into prepared paper cups. Place a piece of walnut on top of the batter and bake at 180C for about 20 to 25 mins. or till cake is cooked.
(6) Remove and cool on cooling rack.