Thursday, August 16, 2007
Mixed Nuts Mooncakes
100 gm. Almonds
100 gm. Walnuts
100 gm. olive seeds
100 gm. melon seeds
100 gm. sesame seeds
150 gm. candied melon - diced small
3 pieces of barbecued meat or long yoke - diced small
3 pieces candied mandarin orange or Kat peng - diced small
2 Tbsp. castor sugar
2 Tbsp. rose wine
1 Tbsp. Brandy
3 Tbsp. peanut oil
3 Tbsp. rose flavoured sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. light soya sauce
120 gm. fried glutinous rice flour or koh fun
10 Tbsp. water
200 gm. Hong Kong flour
20 gm. cornflour
65 gm. cornoil
150 gm. mooncake syrup
(1) Mix all the filling ingredients together with the seasoning and weigh about 120 gm. each and roll into a round ball.
(2) Mix pastry together and let it rest for 1 hour. Scale and weigh about 45 gm. each.
(2) Wrap the nuts fillings with the pastry skin and arrange onto a baking tray.
(3) Spray some water onto mooncakes and bake at 200C for about 10 mins.
(4) Remove mooncakes from oven and let it cool down slightly before brushing with egg glaze.
(5) After brushing with egg glaze, return mooncakes into the oven and continue baking at 175C for another 10 mins. or till golden in colour.
(6) Remove and cool.
1 egg yolk for glazing mooncakes