Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Green Tea Red Bean Jelly Mooncake
Ingredients for centre filling:
250 gm. coconut milk
30 gm. brown sugar
1 tsp. agar agar powder
100 gm. boiled red beans - mashed
few drops of pink colouring
To make mock jelly egg yolks:
Boil them together and pour into small rounded ice cube moulds and let it set.
1/2 tbsp. agar agar powder
350 ml. water
50 gm. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. instant jelly
2 Tbsp. evaporated milk
few drops of orange colouring
Ingredients for Pastry Ingredients:
500 gm. Thin coconut milk
90 gm. sugar
8 gm. agar agar powder
few pieces of pandan leaves
100 ml. thick coconut milk or evaporated milk
2 tsp. Green tea powder
100 gm. Fresh cream
(1) For fillings, boil all the ingredients together and pour into small cup moulds to set. Put a piece of egg yolk agar agar into the center of the jelly. Let it to set. When set, remove from mould and set aside.
(2) For the pastry ingredients, boil thin coconut milk with sugar, pandan leaves and agar agar powder till sugar dissolves.
(3) Add in thick coconut milk , green tea powder and fresh cream.
(4) Pour some green tea jelly mixture into mooncake moulds and let it semi-set. Place the filling on top of the half set green tea agar agar.
(5) Pour the balance green tea agar agar on top of the filling till full.
(6) Let it set and chill in the fridge before serving.