Saturday, July 07, 2007
Mini Party Buns
550 gm. Bread flour
10 gm. Instant Yeast
1 tsp. salt
80 gm. sugar
20 gm. milk powder
280 gm. cold water
50 gm. eggs
50 gm. butter
Filling: Mix together.
150 gm. Butter
100 gm. raisins
Topping: can use any topping you like
almond nibs / sunflower seeds/ Pumpkin seeds, chocolate rice
(1) Put all the bread ingredients into a mixer except butter and beat till it becomes a dough for about 10 mins.
(2) Add in butter and continue to beat for another 5 mins. till it becomes smooth and elastic. Remove from machine and let it prove for about 45 mins. till it doubles in size. If it doesn't rise much, cover and another 10 mins.
(3) Scale and weigh the dough into 30 gm. each and shape into balls. Let them rest for about 10 mins. Then wrap with butter and raisin filling. Mould them into balls and arrange them on a baking tray, leaving space about a finger's width apart.
(4) Lastly, let them prove and rise for another 50 mins. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle any topping you desire.
(5) Bake in a preheated oven at 190C for about 10 to 15 mins. until golden brown.
(6) Leave onto cooling rack.