Dear Fans and friends,
I’m totally impressed by the number of telephone calls, msn, comments and messages that was sent to me ,consoling me and giving me great encouragement. Thank you so much and I really appreciate it..
I promised to send recipes via e-mail but it seems quite impossible cos the amount of emails I get per day is tremendous and enormous that I couldn’t cope up with.
I have come to a decision that the most requests for that particular recipe will be posted in my blog. It makes my work easier this way….and at the same time not disappointing all of you, killing two birds with one stone. I will post recipes at random…
Don’t worry about that nasty person. She got a poor upbringing. Her parents never bring her up well. I guess she must have had an unhappy childhood to make her into such a furious person, leaving nasty remarks without any guilt. Funny….I don’t know her and what gives her the right to assess me.
Last but not least, thank you all once again.
Rgds. Aunty Yochana
So, here's my recipe:
80 gm. egg yolks
160 gm. buttermilk
5 gm. vanilla (1 tsp)
200 gm. sifted cake flour
200 gm. sugar
15 gm. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
120 gm. butter
(1) In a bowl, lightly combine the yolks with 40 ml. of the buttermilk.
(2) In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix on low speed for 30 secs to blend.
(3) Add the butter and remaining buttermilk. Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened. Increase to medium speed and beat for 2 mins. to aerate and develop the cake's stucture.
(4) Gradually add in the egg yolk mixture and beat for another min.
(5) Pour batter into an 8" round pan and bake for about 50 to 60 mins. or till skewer inserted comes out clean.
(6) Let the cake cool in the pan on a rack for 10 mins then invert the cake onto a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
(7) Slice and serve.