Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Fresh Mint Chocolate Truffle Tart
Ingredients for Tart Dough:
175 gm. Plain flour
60 gm. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
125 gm. unsalted Butter
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp. cold water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Ingredients for chocolate filling:
1 1/2 cups Dairy whip cream
40 leaves of mint leaves
350 gm. cooking chocolate - chopped into pieces
2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
(1) For tart dough, put all the tart dough ingredients into a food processor and pulse a couple of times till it just binds into a dough. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 mins.
(2) Roll out the tart dough into a tart pan of your choice. I used a rectangular tart pan of 13" x 4". You can also use mini tart pans for parties. Preferably with loose bottom.
(3) Line the pastry shell with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or beans and bake in the oven at 180C for about 15 mins. Remove pie weights and continue to bake for another 10 mins. or till golden brown. Leave aside to cool.
(5) Remove) For fillings, warm the cream in a saucepan until small bubbles appear on the surface. Remove from heat and add the mint leaves and let it stand for about 20 to 30 mins. Sieve cream and discard the mint leaves.
(6) Melt the chocolate over simmering water or microwave it for 30 seconds. Pour the warm cream into the chocolate and stir till smooth.
(5) Add in Light corn syrup and stir till smooth.
(6) Pour chocolate filling into the baked pie shell and chill in the refrigerator till set.
(7) Sift icing sugar on top and serve.